If regular dialup Internet service is too slow for you, but you don't like the high price of DSL and cable broadband Internet service, Find high speed dialup Internet service that is 5 times (or more) faster than standard dialup. All at half the price of DSL and one-third the price of cable ISPs.
Now that we live in the information age, where emailing documents has substituted mailing letters, where shopping has transformed into eshopping, and where elearning has replaced learning, you should
act quickly and get connected to the Internet, or you will be left behind.
Local ISPs in NC offer Internet access through local telephone numbers to users in a limited geographic region whereas national ISPs provide access for users nationwide (including
mobile users), through local and toll free telephone numbers and cable. Because of their size, national ISPs offer more services and generally have a larger technical support staff than local ISPs. OSPs furnish Internet access as well as members only features for users nationwide. Before you choose an Internet access provider, compare
such features as the number of internet access hours, monthly fees, available services (e-mail, Web page hosting, chat), and reliability.
Whether this is your very first time looking for an Dialup ISP, or you are looking to switch your internet service, follow some of our tips to avoid the most common mistakes when selecting an Dialup ISP in North Carolina.
- Before you decide to sign up for internet service, read the fine print of the company.
- Be sure to locate a dialup ISP with an access number or numbers in your area to be sure to avoid long distance charges on your internet connection.
- Check if they offer Free Spam Filter / Antivirus & Free Security Tools
- Make sure your modem has a connection speed of at least 56k on standard phone lines
- Shop Around
Avoid Dialup Providers that have
- Floating advertising bars or popups from your ISP
- Start-up page you can't change
- Giant software download - none required for 56k
- Surprise charges for support
- Toolbar you can't close